Prime Minister Narendra Modi opened the new year 2019 with his interview to ANI and spoke on various issues concerning the country. Let’s take a look at what all he has talked about.
Prime Minister Modi on GST
- Earlier, there were so many hidden taxes. The tax rates were also high. GST has made things simpler. It has also brought down the taxes on so many commodities.
- We are committed to hearing all issues being faced by people and placing them in front of the GST council. Feedback of the people is most important for us.
- Our approach is to keep taking feedback constantly and work on the GST too is happening like this.
PM Modi on Rahul Gandhi calling GST ‘Gabbar Singh Tax’: The way someone thinks is the way someone talks. Have GST processes not been done taking a consensus with all political parties in the country? Since Pranab Mukherjee was FM, the GST process has been going on.
Prime Minister Modi on Ram Mandir
- Let the judicial process take its own course. Don’t weigh it in political terms. Let the judicial process be over. After the judicial process is over, whatever be our responsibility as government, we are ready to make all efforts.
- I want to appeal to the Congress not to use their lawyers to delay the judicial process on the Ram Temple.
Prime Minister Modi on Farmers
- We are talking about farm loan waivers and this invariably gets linked with the polls. We should also be thinking about structural issues- how can we empower the farmers, ensure more water, greater credit, better markets.
- For me, farmer welfare is not about politics. I want to do everything possible to improve the lives of our farmers.
- It was our Government that took the historic decision on better MSP for farmers. Why did we do this- so that the farmer does not have to rely on debts and the farmer becomes more prosperous.
PM Modi on loan waivers by Congress state Govts: To say a lie and mislead, that is what I called lollipop. Like saying ‘we have waived all farm loans’. The truth is that nothing like that has happened. Please see their own circulars, they should not mislead.
Prime Minister Modi on Armed Forces
- On Rafale I have spoken in Parliament and in various public meetings. The Indian Supreme Court has given their views and the French President has also spoken.
- On the surgical strikes, there are some political parties who began to speak the same language as Pakistan. These parties were demeaning our armed forces. They politicised such an issue. As the PM, I will always appreciate the armed forces
- For them, my crime is I am working on Make In India for being self-sufficient in defence. My crime is that I am focussing on whatever defence forces need. I do not care about their abuses, I will do my work and strengthen the armed forces. I am working with honesty.
Prime Minister Modi on Triple Talaq
- The Ordinance on Triple Talaq came in the light of a verdict by the SC. It did not come before that. For years, why was there no determined effort to end Triple Talaq.
- Triple Talaq is not a religion issue. This is about gender justice. Several Islamic nations have banned it.
Prime Minister Modi on Sabrimala Issue
- India is of one opinion that everyone should get justice. There are some temples, which have their own traditions, where men can’t go. And men don’t go… In this, Sabarimala, a woman judge in the Supreme Court has made certain observations. It needs to be read minutely. There is no need to attribute those to any political party. As a woman, she has made some suggestions. There should be a debate on that as well sometimes.
Prime Minister Modi on Cow Welfare
- Let us remember what Bapu, Acharya Vinoba Bhave said. Let us also remember the Constitution of India, the Directive Principles of State Policy. We should follow what these great men and our Constitution has said.
Prime Minister Modi on Mahagathbandhan
- The first test of the alliance was in Telangana and we have seen what has happened to the alliance. What happened to the alliance in Tripura, Assam. Everybody can see. Their top leaders can close ranks but the people will never connect with this.
- The people of India are seeing how leaders who want to loot are closing ranks and forming alliances. 2019 is going to be about the people of India versus an Opposition alliance.
Prime Minister Modi on Pakistan
- Pakistan will never improve on the basis of one war. That nation will still take some time to improve. All PMs of India, across all parties never opposed dialogue with Pakistan. But, can we hear anything in the midst of bombs? Today, terror supporting Pakistan is isolated.
Prime Minister Modi on Congress
- Fact that those considered first family, who ran the country for 4 generations, are out on bail, that too for financial irregularities. A set of people, who are at their service, are trying to suppress such information and push other narratives.