Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the India Global week 2020 and showcased how India can play a role in reviving the world battered by the pandemic. A three – day virtual conference themed ‘Be the Revival: India and a Better New World’, India Global Week 2020 will have 5000 global participants from 30 nations being addressed by 250 global speakers across 75 sessions.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set the tone of the event with his remote address. Here are the key things he said.
- It is natural to link global revival and India. There is faith that the story of global revival will have India playing a leading role.
- Indian talent world-over and India’s ability to reform are the two factors that promise its role in global revival.
- Indian tech professionals contributing over the decades testify that India is a powerhouse of talent. On the other hand, history will tell that India has overcome social and economic challenges because of its ability to reform and rejuvenate.
- Amidst pandemic, India is taking care of both the health of its citizens and of the economy. Green shoots of recovery are already visible, as India reformed itself in the last six years in the areas such as total financial inclusion, record housing and infra construction, Ease of Doing Business, bold tax reforms including the GST.
- The revival approach of India is premised on Revival with care, Revival with compassion, and Revival which is sustainable- both for the environment and the economy.
- India is one among the most open economies in the world, and a red-carpet has been laid out for global companies to establish their presence in India.
- New opportunities have come up with the recent set of reforms. Agriculture market reforms provide a very attractive investment opportunity to invest in storage and logistics; reforms were taken in MSME; Defence sector opened to new investments; space sector also opened for commercial use.
- The pandemic has once again shown that India’s Pharma industry is an asset not just for India but for the entire world. It has played a leading role in reducing the cost of medicines especially for developing countries.
- Atma Nirbhar Bharat is not about being self-contained or being closed to the world; rather, it is about being self-sustaining and self-generating.
- India is ready to do whatever it can to further the cause of global welfare and prosperity. This is an India that is reforming, performing and transforming.