Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed the valedictory session of second National Youth Parliament festival today. National Youth Festival is celebrated every year on Swami Vivekananda’s birthday.
Swami Vivekananda is a national icon who had envisioned a new Idea of India and Hinduism and had put this new India on the map through his famous speech at World’s Parliament of Religions in Chicago in 1893.
Addressing the National Youth Parliament Festival. https://t.co/OtaqUrBnZS
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) January 12, 2021
Candidates selected in the youth parliaments held at state and district levels took part in the event today. The first three winners got the opportunity to express their views before the Prime Minister. PM Modi spoke on the everlasting influence of Swami Vivekananda’s thoughts, the importance of youth to enter politics and the need to eradicate dynasties from politics.
Here are the key takeaways of PM Modis speech at National Youth Parliament festival:
Ever Lasting Influence of Swami Vivekananda Ji
- Swami Vivekananda ji’s influence and thoughts remain relevant even today. What he said about spirituality, what he said about nationalism and nation building, his thoughts about public service flow in our mind today with the same intensity.
- Swami Vivekananda has given another precious gift. It is a gift to build individuals, to build institutions. People come under the influence of Swamiji and build institutions.
- People coming out from those institutions continue on the path shown by Swamiji and keep adding new people to these institutions. This cycle of Individual to Institutions and Individuals to Institutions is a great strength of India.
- It was Swamiji who said at that time that the fearless, frank, clean-hearted, courageous and aspirational youth is the foundation on which the future of the nation is built. He had strong faith in India’s youth and its transformative power.
Importance of Youth Joining Politics
- Earlier there was a perception in the country that if a young man turned to politics, society and members of family would remark that the child’s moral values have deteriorated.
- This was because politics had been reduced to quarrel, trouble, plunder, corruption! They even used to say that everything can change but politics cannot change.
- But today honest people are also getting a chance in politics. Honesty and performance are becoming the first mandatory condition of today’s politics.
Political Dynasty’s- Greatest Threat to Democracy
- Political dynasty is a big challenge before the country that has to be uprooted. The days of politicians winning elections with the help of their surname are long gone over. But the disease of dynasty is not completely finished in politics.
- There are still people whose ideas, whose ethos, whose goal, everything is to save their family in politics and politics. This political dynasty promotes inefficiency in democracy along with dictatorship.
- Only me and my family, rather than political dynasty, reinforce this sentiment instead of walking on the path of Nation First. This is also a big reason for political and social corruption in India.
- Our politics needs young people. This is a constructive medium to make positive changes. Poison of dynastic politics will continue to weaken democracy unless young people enter it.