Haryana being close to the vicinity of the capital is a state where there is a huge influx of urban populace. Apart from the people entering the state, Haryana headquarters most of the big MNCs operating in North India. Without a doubt, the state is developing at a rapid pace.
The state’s GSDP at current prices has increased from about Rs. 3.5 lakh crore in FY2013 to about Rs. 6.1 lakh crore in FY2018. The size of economy of Haryana is expected to surpass more than Rs. 11.2 lakh crore by FY2023.
According to the Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) rankings for 2017-18, Haryana ranked 3rd in terms of ease of doing business. Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) in December 2018 had announced results of the first ever States’ Start-up Ranking 2018 in which Haryana emerged among the ‘Aspiring Leaders’
Haryana is a small landlocked state and the most crucial means of connectivity is road. Considering this, Haryana government is developing road infrastructure in Haryana at a rapid pace.
- Government of Haryana through HSIIDC constructed a four/six lane Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway in Haryana, bypassing Delhi, with a total length of 135.65 kms
- The expressway covers five districts–Sonipat, Jhajjar, Gurugram, Mewat and Palwal. With the opening of the expressway, there will be huge relief to the commuters from the daily congestion.
Apart from the Kundli Manesar expressway, new highways for Haryana were sanctioned
- New national highway projects which were sanctioned
- Rehabilitation and up-gradation to 2-lane of Bhiwani-Mundal-Jind Road from Design Chainage
- Rahabilitation and upgradation of Jind-Karnal section
- Four laning of Rohna/Hassangarh to Jhajjar section
- Jind-Gohana Road (50 Km) under bharatmala
- Rehabilitation and upgradation of Jhajjar-Loharu section
- Dwarka Expressway (NH-248BB)
- Construction of flyover and underpass at Hero-Honda chowk on Delhi-Gurgaon access-controlled highway section of NH-8
Apart from the road infrastructure projects there have been several infrastructure projects across sectors which were kicked off in Haryana by both central government and the Haryana government
Infrastructure projects in Haryana
- National Cancer Institute, in Jhajjar district with the facility of 700-beds.
- ESIC Medical College and Hospital in Faridabad. This is the first ESIC medical college and hospital in north India and it has 510 beds.
- A new medical college at Bhiwani
- Sirsa & Fatehabad will be connected through piped city gas distribution
- Approved new AIIMS at Manethi in Haryana.
- Renukaji Multi Purpose Project (Lakhwar) in terms of water
- Railway coach factory at Sonipat in Haryana.
- Vishwakarma Kaushal / (Skill) University in at palwal
- Metro coverage to various cities of Haryana. This includes Escorts Mujesar in Faridabad, Ballabhgarh.
- National Institute of design, Kurukshetra made functional.
- Out of total 651 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) Kendras in the country, 135 are operational in Haryana.
In terms of infrastructure, Haryana is being developed like never before. The incumbent government is building a New Haryana equipped with world-class infrastructure be it in cities or rural areas.